Our process is focused in 8 principal steps:
1. The Pecan Harvest
2. Sizing and Grading.
5. Electric Sorting.
Our processing facilities are equipped with the best technology available.
This allows to crack, sort, grade, process and package pecan nuts every yerar. Once packaged, we store them in cold rooms in order to maintain the ideal conditions until we send them. Our 75,348 square feet plant process more than 30,000,000 pounds of pecans per year.
We also offer: custom shelling and custon packaging.
1. The pecan Harvest.
2. Sizing and Grading: Pecans are transported into our facilities where they are sized and graded before being stored.
3. Sanitizing: Before cracking pecans, they are subjected into cold water and hot water in order to disminish microbiological charge.
4. Shelling: Pecans are mechanically cracked and sized.
5. Electric sorting: Pecans go through electronic color sorting, inspection tables in order to reduce shells and foreign materials.
6. Packaging: Pecans are boxed and weighed, generally in 30 Lb. corrugated boxes. At request of our customers we can do any requirement of packaging.
7. Supervising: Finally every box goes through a metal detector to ensure that foreign metal objects are identified.
8. Storage: Pecans will be stored in cold rooms until the shipping.
QUALITY AND SAFETY
The main priority
The main priority is to ensure that everyone that comes in contact with our products wont have any health risk. We work day by day to ensure quality and safety of our products.
To ensure this, Pecaninis complies with the following:
Employs Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Yearly Third Party Audit
SQF 8th Edition Certification
Orgánico de SAGARPA.
Besides this, each lot is tested to ensure microbiological charges are in the permited limit according to every law available . The certificate or copy is delivered to our clients to ensure and prove quality.